Wednesday 9 May 2012

R.I.P Vidal Sassoon... thanks for the bob!

Very sad news this evening that the creative hairdressing legend Vidal Sassoon has passed away at the grand old age of 84 of natural causes.

I never really thought much of him until last year I was flicking through the channels late one night, and stumbled across Vidal Sassoon: The Movie.

I ended up staying up late and watching the whole thing, and came to realise what a visionary he was, and how much he has influenced the trends that fall in and out of fashion today.

My boyfriend said that he served him at the building society he used to work at a couple of years ago, such a happy little old man. You would never have thought that he had cut such famous heads such as Mary Quant and actually invented the bob.

I urge anyone to watch the trailer below and seek out the movie, it's a great watch and really well shot too.

Thanks for the bob Mr Sassoon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers