Monday 21 January 2013

Django Unchained







































Controversially, I am not a Quentin Tarantino fan (gasps), but on a snowy Sunday night with not much on the tv, I ventured to the independent cinema, a 5 minute walk from my house to watch Django Unchained, being the only pick to watch out of the 3 films they were showing there. 

I've watched bits of Kill Bill and just couldn't get into it (not a fan of Uma Therman), and I remember watching the start of From Dusk Til Dawn and just found it a bit too weird. Although, Planet Terror I watched and found quite funny, but then again, I'm not too sure whether it was supposed to be funny? Odd. 

Anyways, with the promise of Leo and Mr Foxx, I was in. And I would recommend it as a watch, mainly because Jamie Foxx is superb in it, his screen pairing with Christoph Waltz is spot on, and Samuel L Jackson is on point.

Combine all that with a pretty awesome soundtrack that mixes Rick Ross, John Legend, James Brown and 2 Pac, throw in some memorable, classic and well timed one liners from Foxx and Jackson, it all comes together to make for a pretty good watch.

Some of my favourite tracks are below and can be found on Soundcloud here.

Who Did That To You? - John Legend 
Listen here




No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers