Friday 23 September 2011

Cardiff After Dark

After helping out on a photography course as part of my job, my eyes have really been opened to photography and how light and persepectives can really make the ugly beautiful, the boring intriguing and the dull vibrant. 


Whilst mooching around on the internet I came across "Cardiff After Dark" by photographer Maciej Dakowicz. A style and view of photography really reminded me of Martin Parr, whose work I had also been introduced to on the course that I helped out on. The title pretty much says it all, but the photography is amazing. It's a mixture of voyeurism, intrigue and the cringeworthy. And sums the aftermath of a night fuelled with drink mixed with people who don't know when to stop and have no shame after midnight. 


















The flickr page for it can be found here http://www.flickr.com/photos/maciejdakowicz





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers